04. A song that makes you want to dance
Don’t Stop ‘til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson
There are a lot, A LOT, of songs that make me want to dance. Dancing is fucking fun. But the ultimate is and will probably always be MJ. You can’t sit still when this shit comes on. You just can’t.
Oily skin ages better than dry skin. That is a fact. So whenever I see a zit on my face (that is, every day) I just think to myself “Pfff, whatever dude, when you’re 35 you’re going to look 31” and that totally makes it all worth it.
03. A song that makes you cry
Piano Man by Billy Joel
My granddad played piano his whole life. It’s how him and my grandma met (a super cute story, by the way) and I remember spending a lot of time sitting next to him on the piano bench while he tried to teach me chords or chromatic scales or whatever. He was always entertaining us in some way, either with a song or some terribly corny joke. He was smart and kind and him and my grandma were rather adorable together and I wish I had gotten to know him better. We used to call him the Piano Man and so we played this song at the end of his funeral ceremony. It was a really sad day, especially for my grandma, and for the next few years I cried every time I heard this song. Sometimes I still do.
The subject matter of the song is kind of sad too in a way, as are those poor waitresses’ outfits, but we don’t have to get into that.
It’s unsettling, really. How easy it is to meet someone who can just destroy you. How one minute you can be asking for a name and the next you can’t remember what it feels like not to want to kiss them.
—I wrote that down a while ago as part of a story I was writing and now I see the word unsettling up there and for me it doesn’t fit. It’s exciting, is what it is. Not that I’m referencing anyone in particular or even clearly remember what it’s like to want someone that badly, but that’s the point, isn’t it? The knowledge that it could all happen out of the blue, that your next heartache is just around the corner, well it’s more toe tingling that stomach turning, right?
I’m already slacking, but I’m cool with it.
02. A song that makes you laugh
From God’s Perspective by Bo Burnham
I find a lot of things funny so there’s a lot of songs that make me laugh, not just tunes meant for comedy. This one, however, is. And I posted about it a while ago, specifically because while the song is meant to be funny, it’s actually still a really good song. Hilarious, thought-provoking & better that a lot of shit on the radio these days. What more could you ask for?
Also, one thing I’ve always loved is when people impersonate any sort of God and portray him or her with a potty mouth. Comedy gold, in my book.
01. A song that makes you smile:
When You Walk in the Room by Architecture in Helsinki
I fell in love with this song this past summer. It’s so 80s fantastic and just that perfect reminder of those unstoppable goofy, giddy crushes that hit you once in a blue moon, if you’re lucky. Impossible not to smile while listening. And dance, obviously.
One song a day for the next 100 days. I hope you guys join me!01. A song that makes you smile.
02. A song that makes you laugh.
03. A song that makes you cry.
04. A song that makes you want to dance.
05. A song that helps clear your head.
06. A song that always gets stuck in your head.
07. A song that gets you pumped up.
08. A song that calms you down.
09. A song that means a lot to you.
10. A song that has a new meaning to you every time you hear it.
11. A song that would be the theme song of your life.
12. A song that reminds you of summer.
13. A song that reminds you of winter.
14. A song that reminds you of a family member.
15. A song that you would consider a guilty pleasure.
16. A song that was released in the ‘60s.
17. A song that was released in the ‘70s.
18. A song that was released in the ‘80s.
19. A song that was released in the ‘90s.
20. A song that was released in the ‘00s.
21. A song that was released this year.
22. A song that needs more recognition.
23. A song that everyone knows the lyrics to.
24. A song that got you hooked on a band.
25. A song that you loved right from the first 5 seconds.
26. A song that you need to be in a certain mood to listen to.
27. A song that will always be in your top 5 favorites.
28. A song that's connected with a memory.
29. A song that’s very simple and repetitive but you love anyway.
30. A song that’s a one hit wonder.
31. A song that’s a power ballad.
32. A song with a line you would tattoo on your body.
33. A song with a color in the title.
34. A song with a number in the title.
35. A song with a place in the title.
36. A song with a name in the title.
37. A song with more than 5 words in the title.
38. A song with a question as the title.
39. A song with a one syllable title.
40. A song with “Q” as the first letter of the title.
41. A song with “K” as the first letter of the title.
42. A song with “F” as the first letter of the title.
43. A song with “N” as the first letter of the title.
44. A song with “E” as the first letter of the title.
45. A song with “J” as the first letter of the title.
46. A song with the word “fire” in the title.
47. A song with the word “under” in the title.
48. A song with the word “little” in the title.
49. A song with the word “go” in the title.
50. A song with the word “eye” in the title.
51. A song with a great title.
52. A song with a great guitar solo.
53. A song with a great drum solo.
54. A song with a great keyboard solo.
55. A song with great vocal harmonies.
56. A song with lyrics that could read like poetry.
57. A song you haven't listened to in a long time.
58. A song you had to look up the lyrics to.
59. A song you sing in the shower.
60. A song you liked this time last year.
61. A song you liked when you were younger.
62. A song you tap/drum/hum the beat of.
63. A song you can play on an instrument.
64. A song you wish you could play on an instrument.
65. A song you play when you can’t sleep.
66. A song you can't help but sing along to.
67. A song you hate from a band you love.
68. A song you used to love but now hate.
69. A song you would choose for karaoke.
70. A song you're currently obsessed with.
71. A song your parents played in the car when you were younger.
72. A song people wouldn't expect you to like.
73. A song by an artist that goes by a one word name.
74. A song by a band's lead singer.
75. A song by a band with a ridiculous name.
76. A song by a band you have on a T-shirt.
77. A song by a two-person band.
78. A song by a band with more than 5 people in it.
79. A song from a genre you usually dislike.
80. A song from an album with a beautiful cover.
81. A song from an original film score.
82. A song from a musical.
83. A song from a TV show theme.
84. A song in another language.
85. A song under 2 minutes long.
86. A song over 6 minutes long.
87. A song for a rainy day.
88. A song for a road trip.
89. A song for moving on.
90. A song for not giving a shit.
91. A song without words.
92. A song cover better than the original.
93. A song with an acoustic version better than the original.
94. A song from a really obscure band.
95. A song currently stuck in your head.
96. A song you've seen performed live.
97. A song by one of your favorite bands. (#1)
98. A song by one of your favorite bands. (#2)
99. A song by one of your favorite bands. (#3)
100. A song. Actually, not just “A song”. THE SONG.
I like this idea. I’ve been slacking on tumblr for a while so hopefully this will get me back into a routine of at least logging on and jotting a few words down. I also love exploring my music/hopefully discovering some new stuff!
I also just need an easy project right now.